This topic contains 20 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of shred shred 3 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of shred
    shred
    Participant

just a thread for my shitter project vl its not a showcar or speed demon resto and it has no deadlines or timelimit just a done when its done attitude so updates to this will be few an far between :whistle:

88 vl sl turbo bt1 – ex nsw hwy patrol

alpine white with mx grey bars an moulds

20% tint

gmax 17inch 5 spokes – not vx ss as shown in pics

kings ultra low – being replaced with superlow for rego – car is fe2 plated

monroe gt sports gas low front an rear

nolathane bushes an adjustable strut tops

whiteline sway bars

whiteline strut brace

whiteline adjustable panhard bar

rbs vt master booster

braided lines

vn grp a 330mm discs nissan gtst 4 spots up front factory turbo items rear

large hybrid cooler with mix n match piping

t3/t4 hiflow 12psi

3inch turbo back exhaust

malpassi adjustable fuel reg

factory auto + cooler

3.45 lsd

long range tank

no power options at all

interior beige sl being returned to beige from painted grey by previous owner although not installed atm due to wiring being redone along with heater an demister and steering column

basic audio alpine head unit 7x10s rear 6.5 splits front 4x100rms amp

ill update with more info later heres sum of the few pics i have atm

• This topic was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of shred shred.
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Reminds me of my old ex cop VL, mine was a 5L though.  Just a great car the VL, one of Holdens best I reckon :)

Profile photo of shred
    shred
    Participant

yeh this is my 3rd lol im keepin this 1

im tossin up on whether to keep the turbo 6 do an ls or 671 5L conversion hehehe but for now the plan is to get it running again and finish off the list i have before i start thinking about that

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Turbo 6 anyday of the week

Profile photo of VS 355 UTE
    VS 355 UTE
    Participant

Agree with Cava.

Mate’s RB30/26 has over 700hp on E85.That thing is mental on boost…….and a pussy cat off it.

Profile photo of shred
    shred
    Participant

yeh i love the turbo6 but i really wanna do a blown v8 and i dont have room for another car atm got 4 here an a trailer as it is

least i got plenty of time to decide what to do :-)

Profile photo of shred
    shred
    Participant

so ive been doin a bit of shopping for parts for the old girl in hte hope it will push me into doin sum work on it in the upcoming warm months

first up is to get the front end mechanicals finished

new strut inserts strut boots and bump stops

new manual steering rack boots an rebuild kit

new swaybar bushes and link bushes

new bonnet strut kit

new battery cradle for factory position

new 10.5mm leads an plugs an filters

new strut tower brace quick releases ” i seem to have this on an off so much lol”

hdt group a grille

washer jets

still waiting on

headlights indicators tailights

front an rear bars an moulds

larger transmission cooler and trans service kit

engine mounts

radiator+ shroud+thermos

braided turbo lines

uni joints an center bearing

plan is to strip the engine bay down to just the bare engine clean up weld sum holes chuck on a quick couple of cheap coats of white paint and then rebuild with all the new parts

ive got my cooler pipes sorted now so i just have to plumb up then weld on sum mounting tabs and then paint them up with sum gloss black

moving onto the interior i just need to order my carpet and find sum vn-vs front seats and get my billet tbar made as the od switch is moved to the console

ive started cleaning up my wheels and will give them a couple of coats of black paint and need to order sum new wheel nuts

got a few other little bits an pieces to sort out but im hoping to have the car roadworthy by the end of summer and will start saving for the next round which will be turbo fuel system cam and ignition

Profile photo of BTS666.0
    BTS666.0
    Participant

Keep it turbo 6.

...so I said "orange ya glad I didn't say banana?"........hahahaha.....hhhmmmm...pffft.....

Profile photo of shred
    shred
    Participant

yeh im goin to ive decided to get rid of the other vl i have here after stripping it and i will be lookin for sumthin else to fill its spot although i may just use the vs i have here  :-)

Profile photo of shred
    shred
    Participant

so ive been busy of late buyin parts for the vl ive got so much stuff piled everywhere im not very popular at home :)

picked up a full set of beige calais/berlina arm rests with ashtrays

picked up 2 front beige sl/exec door trims

^^^ these give me the ability to have clean factory bt1 setup front and rear or have full armrests and speakers up front

picked up a pair of VP 62i beige front buckets

these are darker than vl which is 65i off the top of my head but hey they are better than no seats or grey seats and i can always chuck me throwovers on em :)

picked up a sunglass holder for my extra gauges

also picked up 2x turbo dash badges yay

have grabbed 2 different kind of led third brake light just incase somebody havin a bad day wants me to put one in to pass rego

and a few meters of 65i beige felt to do sum trimming and sum black wrap for other parts

i have solved some globe an loom issues by converting all inside lighting to led but stock globes remain in cluster cause i cbf atm pullin it apart an pealing a layer off behind the gauges  else u cant see the needles only the backing

im thinking of converting the headlights to canbus style led along with parkers numberplate boot etc

so now i have to order some carpet and the paint for the dash an center console

so the inside can now be assembled

after that the inteirior is pretty much done leaving billet tbar, extra gauges center armrest, and power mirrors but these few things are basicly 2nd part of the build stuff unless they come along at the right price

so yeh basicly now i can move onto the engine stuff adding a larger output alternator to the list

so much chit packed in round the place no pics yeh i know i know heh im not a huge pic taker :cool

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Nice list, I do love pics though :)

Profile photo of shred
    shred
    Participant

yeh me to ill get pics when i get into puttin it together but for now stuff comes in stuff gets packed sumwhere that pisses somebody else off here :)

today i grabbed

trans service kit

new cooler pipe kit

catch can

oil an fuel filters

misc badges

and sum leds for interior seein as i have no globes

plan is to get the car running on the weekend hopefully fingers crossed if it runs i may get motivation to do things an take pics hehe

Profile photo of shred
    shred
    Participant

ok so yeh ive been slack but today i finished stripping the parts car and organising its departure and sorted out what i need to start spending time without money :)

have new ends an boots for manual steering rebuild have 2x manual racks an shafts so i can rebuild best rack but im thinking about converting to power steer of which i only have a pump so far

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Any progress is good progress!!

Profile photo of shred
    shred
    Participant

well today i finally got time to work on the vl

got the intercooler piping buttoned up got the engine turning over then bam

got the car up on ramps to see the tyres rotten an split inside haha they date from 03

turns out the intank pump is dead the rubber hose turned to goo an gummed shit up no fuel moving at all

some fresh 98 into the tank for sum swirling cleaning an draining now just waitin on new pump to arrive

i am determined to get this running it wont be on the road anytime soon as i now have to do all the rust work myself  no money for paint or wheels i need to find a bootlid an bonnet :)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

A year later, and same post from me –  Any progress is good progress!!! :good:

Profile photo of shred
    shred
    Participant

yeh well ive ended up spending some coin on the na 4spd bf2 futura i bought end of 2018 for the old man and am lookin around for factory turbo stuff and lsd for some cheap low boost fun :)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

lol “factory turbo stuff” I think you will find that on the shelf right next to rocking horse poop…

Profile photo of shred
    shred
    Participant

nah i meant for the falcon im just collecting the turbo bolt ons etc

i wont even bother with factory vl turbo stuff the prices ppl are askin for the bits i dont have is ludicrous but i am tryin to find a modified forward facing factory plenum to simplify the piping because i dont want to spend 1k+ on a custom because unlike the 25/26 twincams theres no junk chinese copies for it

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yea agreed, I didn’t realize until I got my VL what the prices for these things are.  Hubcaps for mine because the were the same as the turbo can go for $1k.  Bloody crazy.  They are such a nice car, I love the interior.  Nicest of the first gens imo.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.