This topic contains 84 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VS 5.0 VS 5.0 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Sorry, I probably didn’t mention it along the lines, but I wanted to swap to a bootlid with bobtail. So bought a second hand bootlid with bobtail. When it arrived, it turned out to be damaged. So told the painted to paint the old bootlid. But luck was on my side and the bootlid and spoiler were both damaged. So they used the bobtail bootlid. That supposibly have no mounting holes. Am now on the lookout for a genuine bobtail.

Cool, now I get it, thought for a while there i was maybe having a seniors moment, carry on ;-)

• This reply was modified 8 years, 12 months ago by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065.
    Profile photo of Wombles
    Wombles
    Participant
    • 1995 VS Acclaim v6. Soon to be supercharged 1995 VS Executive 5L. 1973 Holden Torana Deluxe

• View build HERE

Well… The car has been pushed back.another week… Ball sacks. Hoping for Wednesday.  Latest, Friday. Again…

Profile photo of Wombles
    Wombles
    Participant
    • 1995 VS Acclaim v6. Soon to be supercharged 1995 VS Executive 5L. 1973 Holden Torana Deluxe

• View build HERE

Got the baby back today. Holy shit, she looks amazing! No spoiler, no tow bar and shiny as. No shots as I got it at 7 tonight. Man o man, what a change!

Profile photo of VS 5.0
    VS 5.0
    Participant

Looking forward to pics tomorrow.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Me too. Awesome.

Profile photo of Wombles
    Wombles
    Participant

• View build HERE

I’m being so mean on the pics front…

Foggies arnt wired up yet.. the wiring in the bay is supposibly different to the plug on the lights… Damn it… Anyone know if there’s a small length of wiring that goes between? Cause, why else would I have a plug on both sides zip tied to the harness…

Also gotta look into a plug or whatever you call it for the tow bar hole… They didn’t fit the tongue as it wouldn’t have fitted. I either have to modify the hole to fit the tongue or don’t run a tow bar at all. Kinda want the option to run the tow bar though… So I may have to make up a cover to fit… Damn new choices!

Profile photo of Wombles
    Wombles
    Participant

• View build HERE

The mysterious plug.

The dilemma… cut it to fit a tongue or find a cover… or both?

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I reckon cover.

Profile photo of Wombles
    Wombles
    Participant

• View build HERE

I kinda Wonna do both… Had a quick search on e bay for a cover.. Only VX ones showed up…

No comments on the new paint Gary? So cruel. Hahaha.

Profile photo of VS 5.0
    VS 5.0
    Participant

Paint looks good Wombles.

Profile photo of Wombles
    Wombles
    Participant

• View build HERE

VS 5.0, what’s your foggies hooked up to?

Profile photo of vs manta 218
    vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Just get the light bulb out of doom light and hold 2 wires onto it and turn fog lights on and touch the 2 wires onto the pins in that plug to see if it’s power for fog lights

I think you will find they are for fog lights

Just get some water prof plugs from super cheap and fit them on both harness end and fog lights and problem solved

Profile photo of Wombles
    Wombles
    Participant

• View build HERE

That plug has power to it at all times… so I dunno…

Profile photo of VS 5.0
    VS 5.0
    Participant

VS 5.0, what’s your foggies hooked up to?

Sorry, don’t have foggies mate.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

No comments on the new paint Gary? So cruel. Hahaha.

Not the greatest pics to show it off with the rain drops mate, come on time to get your photography groove on and give us some nicer pics :good:

Maybe make up a dummy tow tongue without the actual tongue part if that makes sense.  So it sort of would be a blanking plate that bolts like the tongue does?  Not sure I am explaining myself correctly but hopefully you get what I mean?

Btw was always a fan of the way they did the fog lights in the front bar on these, the standard VR/S bar is a bit plain but these just added a nice touch I reckon.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Btw, you thought of maybe changing the orange on the wheels to body colour, but keeping the black spokes?  Just a thought..

Profile photo of Wombles
    Wombles
    Participant

• View build HERE

Spokes are body colour. Orange breaks up the colour a little.

With the rain, can’t help it… The whole week has rain…

With the dummy tongue idea, are you saying to make a cover using the tow bar tongue mounts?

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Spokes are body colour. Orange breaks up the colour a little. With the rain, can’t help it… The whole week has rain… With the dummy tongue idea, are you saying to make a cover using the tow bar tongue mounts?

No worries, wheel colour etc is so much personal preference, bummer re the rain.

Yea exactly make the cover fit in and bolt up to the tongue mounts.

Profile photo of Wombles
    Wombles
    Participant

• View build HERE

I guess I need to put new globes into the old foggies… both of them don’t work. Blue Vision H3’s are ready to go in. Just gotta find a dry spot.

Profile photo of Wombles
    Wombles
    Participant

• View build HERE

Hopefully there will be better pics to show on Sunday! Got a car show for a good cause to go to. The good cause is for a local 5 year old girl that had a stroke. Raising funds for medical treatments and such.

Have yet to work on the tow bar cover. Have to also find my spare lh tail light and lh inner. They are in really bad nick. Let’s the car down so much…

Prettied up the wipers last weekend. Since they were showing undercoat… Also Prettied up the bay a little… So tomorrow is wash, detail and replace failed pieces. As well as detail a mates car. So busy weekend ahead!

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 85 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.