This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Hoopstar
    Hoopstar
    Participant

Hi Guys..

Thought I’d post some pictures of my weekend car..

It’s a 1967 HR Holden Special.  Bought brand new by my Grandfather and driven around until he passed away.  My dad was going to sell it but I put my hand up and purchased it as my first car as a 17 year old kid with only 55,000 miles on the clock.

I drove it around for a few years while I was studying, formulating the plan that would hopefully make it something neat and quick.

Mods include mini-tubs, chassis rails, new (larger) trans tunnel, semi-smoothed fire wall, brake booster and tank under the dash, Commodore manual rack and pinion.

Drive line consists of a pretty warm 350 Chev with Carrillo rods, LT-1 Crank, JE pistons, BIG Crane solid, Bowtie heads, Edlebrock Victor Jr Manifold and BG 775cfm Gold Claw.  Ignition is MSD Dizzy, leads, Coil and MSD6AL.  Extractors are custom 1 7/8″ primary, 31″ long into 3″ collector.

Engine was built by Maxwell Motors here in Adelaide and made 531hp @ 7,200 rpm on their dyno.

Trans is a full manual Powerglide with all good gear including Vasco Jet input shaft, Chrome Moly hub and Deep pan by Brokenshire Transmissions.  Grant also did the 4500rpm converter.

Diff is a F100 9″ housing with billet bearing cups, Moser 31 spline axles, Romac Ultralite full spool, Strange carrier, yoke and a 4.56 gears.

Rims are 15 x 3.5 and 15 x 10 with 295/50/15 for the street.

Interior mods are pretty subtle with only Premier bucket seats in the front and the rear backrest is clearanced for the mini-tubs and from a HK Prem.  Only other things are B&M Quicksliver shifter, Autometer oil, temp and tacho, X2 dash cluster and Prem steering wheel.

Car has run a paltry 12.50 @ 119 mph with wheel spin to half track and 2.71 60 footers on street tires, mufflers and no tune what so ever..

One day I plan to drop the pipes, fit some good tires and cal-tracs and actually take some jets with me and see what it’ll run with traction..  until then, I just enjoy cruising it with my wife and two young daughters during the warmer months.

Apart from that, I am in the process of changing the look of the engine bay and removing all the red/blue Earls fittings and going black fittings everywhere.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Hoopstar Hoopstar.
    Profile photo of Immortality
    Immortality
    Participant

Very tidy  :good:

Profile photo of doz10
    doz10
    Participant

I’m not usually the biggest fan of the old hr’s but this thing is mint mate, your grandad would be proud as punch of that old girl :good:

Profile photo of doz10
    doz10
    Participant

seriously doesn’t get much better than that

Profile photo of VS 355 UTE
    VS 355 UTE
    Participant

For me ,the best model before the HQ series.Well done.Love the tubs with the standard exterior and period paint colour.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Mate what a beautiful piece of work, thanks for posting :good:

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Man we have to organize an SA CP+ cruise sometime.  There are getting to be a few bloody nice rides on here now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.