This topic contains 15 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jaba Jaba 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of EJ DUDE
    EJ DUDE
    Participant

Alrighty guys, most of you will know me for owning this

decided to get out the commodore scene for awhile and build a car I’ve always wanted to own in my garage with the help of a few friends. Unfortunately I done a couple of silly things like build a house, get engaged, plan a wedding, and buy 2 other cars in the meantime. So progress isn’t going to be extremely fast for the next few months.

Anyway abiut the car, I purchased it as a one owner deceased estate, very little rust, 100% complete and original but in desperate need of some love.

Plans are to get her 100% original except for a little lower to the ground.

Pics to follow

Profile photo of EJ DUDE
    EJ DUDE
    Participant

First day I got her

Profile photo of EJ DUDE
    EJ DUDE
    Participant

Ok so don’t want to cram up and jam the entire forum with bucket loads of photos so I’ll just keep them to a minimum.

so far the story is

gutted th glass, interior and external trim.

bare metalled, new floors, lower fenders & sill patches.

new springs, shocks, brake shoes and cylinders and lines.

all the bodywork as been smoothed and sorted, ready for one last flick of primer then colour.

new front bench seat cover, new carpet, handbrake lever and rooflining.

new lights, lenses and door handles with a full rubber kit to come.

All the chrome trim inside and out, aswell as door trims & rear bench have come up amazing with hours of cleaning and polishing.

example.

Profile photo of EJ DUDE
    EJ DUDE
    Participant

I literally have hundreds of photos of different stages and new parts arriving but we’ll skip to how it is today.

to do list is:

final flick of primer and light block.

colour. I’ll be going direct gloss enamel as per original specs in Namatjira Red with Ivory white roof.

new rubber kit to entire car

bleed brakes, new rear leaves then basically it’s reassembly.

ive also painted the engine and given it a thorough clean up and service, it runs absolutely a,asking now, the old grey motors are a brilliant smooth little engine.

Not a great photo

And how she’s sitting today in my new garage.

Profile photo of EJ DUDE
    EJ DUDE
    Participant

Profile photo of EJ DUDE
    EJ DUDE
    Participant

And a quick picture of my daily/fishing rig. Great for getting out on the beach or towing a trailer. Probably the most useful car I’ve ever owned, but I’m still extremely tempted to sell it and buy a dirty cammed vx/vy SS sedan or ute. Can’t quite shake the v8/commodore bug.

Profile photo of OLD GMH
    OLD GMH
    Participant

Whenever I see EH/EJ holdens, I get bad ideas of grumpy SBCs and fats and skinnies amongst other ideas. The fact your keeping this more or less stock though is something to admire. People say it’s harder to keep them original than to modify one but once this is done you are going to have one super tidy and sweet cruiser. Enjoy :D

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Welcome to the forum mate, don’t going to great when its done.

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

The EJ looks like a great little project. The GTS was one awesome looking car.

Profile photo of 8you4t
    8you4t
    Participant
    • Victoria
    • C63 Amg/ Mk4 golf gti/ Ml w163 320 Mercedes Amg pack/ Audi a4 Quattro turbo man/ Wh gen 3/ Vt Calais/ Porsche boxter S / Ba futura (soon to have turbo xr6 motor)/ 2006 RX8

• View build HERE
    Supporter

What a classic … I’m truly jelly !!!

They hold a timeless charm …

If you don't believe in something .... You'll fall for anything

Profile photo of Mistikal
    Mistikal
    Participant

The EJ looks shmick buddy, top work :)

Profile photo of EJ DUDE
    EJ DUDE
    Participant

So done some work on the garage, fit some workbenches and storage. So everything fits nicely now and the interior is safely wrapped up and out of the car. Empty car and work space means I can get cracking in a few little bits of prep work while I save the money to finish the rest off, whenever that may be.

So I’mgoing to pull my finger out and do the final coat of primer, remove the last of the rubbers and paint the door jambs and interior pillars. just needa get hold of a compressor……

Profile photo of VS 5.0
    VS 5.0
    Participant

Certainly a change from the GTS. Great project.

Also looks like you’ve got a good sized garage. What are the interior dimensions ?

Profile photo of EJ DUDE
    EJ DUDE
    Participant

Garage is off the top if my head 6.2 x 5.8. Standard is 5×5 I’m fairly sure. Something like that. I thinnk I had it made 1200 longer and 800 wider.

bit of an update, thing are slowly progressing. Bits and bobs on the bodywork, hoping to have it in its final coat of primer soon.

in the meantime, freshened up the rear end with all new bushes and pedders helper springs to the leafs. Didn’t come out quite as low as I was hoping so 2″ blocks will remain.

Have also fabbed myself for up a nice parcel shelf and boot install. Ideas is for it to look factory. Planning on getting the roof lining trimmed soon in the same vinyl.

Profile photo of EJ DUDE
    EJ DUDE
    Participant

Profile photo of Jaba
    Jaba
    Participant

Legitimately impressed with the boot mate! Ill have a proper nit pick on saturday ;)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.