This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Thought I would start a thread on another one of my projects.  It’s a 1923 Nash 4.  My family originally comes from the Flinders Ranges in SA, and my great-uncle Adam had one of these from new.  Its still in the family and restored.  So when uncle Adam had his, the story goes there were another couple in the district and they were given to him for parts back in the day and kept on the farm.

This one my dad started restoring many years ago, and never finished it.  He did actually get it all done mechanically, and even drove it maybe 20 years ago in the bay to Birdwood.  He gave it to me years ago, and it’s been in my container ever since.  But my in-laws are selling up so I had to get rid of the container, so for the first time in well over 10 years, its see the light of day.

Originally I had planned to hot rod it, but its so good I think I am going to one day get it back running again, maybe even leave it ratty like it is.  There are enough parts still up on the farm for me to build a hot rod, which is a goal of mine one day.  Anyhow this is the old girl.

Profile photo of Nick
    Nick
    Participant

Wow, what a blast from the past!
    It sure would make a kickass hot rod though…

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yea it’s very cool looking.  Tbh I am not really into these early cars, as they really aren’t very usable or practical. This only has two wheel mechanical brakes for example, and even the pedal set up and driving them is weird as. So, in the end, they stay in the shed and get driven once every year or so, which is not me at all.   Its just its in such relatively good nick, and from a rod perspective all you really use is the chassis as a base, the scuttle, grille, and bonnet, all of which my uncle can give me.  I reckon I will put this in the new shed set up when its done and just leave it, it’s in order Senator/MG/Kombi which is a lot of work before I get into this in any way.

Profile photo of ChrisM
    ChrisM
    Participant
    Supporter

Gary , this is a very interesting project. Keep us posted on the updates.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Will do mate, got a few things on the go at the moment, one big one in particular work wise, if it comes off will free me up a little to get stuck into some of these projects piling up!!  Btw have decided its just far too good and original to rod, so will keep this as is, and build a rod one day from the spares ou family has accumulated over the years.

Profile photo of ChrisM
    ChrisM
    Participant
    Supporter

Yeah I agree its worth keeping it like that.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Well my in-laws have sold their house so I need3d to move the Nash, have got it home to the block. Definitely going to keep it original, its far too good to hotrod.  So I guess it will le in wait, and awaits its turn once I get through some of these other projects  :good:

Profile photo of vin
    vin
    Participant

wow good looking lil car to good to trash into a hotrod, Very Elliot machine gun look about it with the the Ness front.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yea agree, I think it’s a nice-looking old girl, and far too good to hot rod.  Actually soon going to putting it undercover into my new garage, then I can clean it up a little.  Found an old photo of when Dad had got stuck into the resto and it looked a lot better than it does now, will try and find it and post it up.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.