This topic contains 38 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of shred shred 3 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Looks like Alpine have cleaned their act up a bit, I have a double din INA-W900 Alpine unit in my daily and tbh the interface on it is very clunky/ugly and hard to use.  Yours looks way better.  Is it GPS etc too?  What part number is it?

Profile photo of shred
    shred
    Participant

alpine ine-w960a with alpine pfk-ves1g2 perfect fit control unit

yep has gps nav etc its not to bad so far although ive only had a quick mess around with it to test stuff out an take a look around

ill get a better idea of it once ive finished installing the speakers subs an amps but it does sound rather good on the shitty factory speakers an subs atm

bit of a headfuck pullin a ve dash apart for the first time to fit it tho lol

Profile photo of shred
    shred
    Participant

small update installed sports armour to the front bar today cover up sum scratches an scrapes that were on it when i bought it

needs a bit of chrome on the front so might have a look for sum thin strips like u used to see on wheel guards back in the day an work it around the outside of the grill

starting to hate the large chrome lion on the front grille but doesnt seem to be much to replace it with i dont want to black it out and anyone says a chev badge will get a kick in the nuts  :negative: hehe

Profile photo of shred
    shred
    Participant

was a nice day for a drive so i grabbed a few happy snaps :yes:

dont mind the sports armour on the front an it didnt make it lower much if at all

Profile photo of shred
    shred
    Participant

so i finally got me brembos on now i just gotta find a spare wheel to fit over them bloke at local bob jane has a bunch of trade ins an odds an ends we gunna try an fit an if he aint got sumthin he says he will find me sumthin dont nee to be anything special as long as its straight a bit of rash an shit can be painted over

also got me sub box and mono block wired an mounted good to have sum decent bass but me 4 channel for front an rear is to large to fit anywhere cept upside down which i dont do as heatsinks are on top of amps for a reason so im lookin at a nice focal 4way for about 400$ which is about the size of 6 dvd cases stacked together so that is gunna run my focals up front an my hertz 2 ways an kenwood 8 inch shelf subs thru a set of cross overs but for now my trusty old 2 way alpine is running the front splits no worries

total bitch running all the rcas trigger an speaker cables the carpet is stuck down by sum real sticky shit  but the power an ground distros were much easier with the battery in teh boot

Profile photo of shred
    shred
    Participant

not much happening here atm been a bit crook and the heat means i just cbf gettin out there an sweating my guts out to often to do shit

but

i did make sum changes to the audio after my 4 channel was to big to fit anywhere and my 12 inch sub decided to pack it in after 11 years lol

alpine 12 inch type r dual 2ohm sub boot

pioneer gm-8604 cfgd at 4x100rms – front splits and rear shelf 8 inch subs

pioneer gm-8601 cfgd at 1x1000rms 1ohm – 12inch type r sub in boot

mmm nice sounds at last B-)

also managed to pick up a new 20×8 bbs style rim in full satin black with a new 245 tyre cheap so i now have a spare to fit over me brembos  :-)

Profile photo of shred
    shred
    Participant

not a great deal happening of late been collecting parts for the vl build but

new alternator

new battery

new bonnet struts

new cabin filter

picked up oil leads plugs coolant oil filter pod filter header gaskets an exhaust gaskets for a service

and today shes in gettin a new harrop trutrak with 3.45 gears and a transmission service

Profile photo of shred
    shred
    Participant

so the good news is the tranny is good an the trutrak with 3.45 gears shits over the old 2.92 open wheeler lsd lol but the bad news is both engine mounts are fucked as in seperated clean in half hehe never rains but it pours so tuff mounts to teh rescue

also picked up sum good narva +130 low beams on sale so i guess its now time to get back to the vl before i blow the rest of the budget haha

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Joys of owning modified cars, it never stops really.

Profile photo of shred
    shred
    Participant

haha yeh aside from painting my lip spoiler and tinting the windows any exttra stuff will have to wait as i really wanna get teh vl to a certain point this summer so ill have to divert some cash back towards the vl that i took to fix the ve :(

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yea I know that bloody feeling.  Part of me wants to go chase some more hp on the Senator, but my head says concentrate on the Kombi.  Then I read some of these threads on VL’s, especially the dedicated drag cars and I think how much fun building one of them would be.  Bloody cars, its an addiction, seriously.

Profile photo of shred
    shred
    Participant

lol yeh when i think of the 4.5k i just pinched from the vl budget and i think of what i coulda done to the vl with that it saddens me a little but at least ill be enjoyin that in the ve while i work with what ive got for the vl and keep savin :good:

Profile photo of shred
    shred
    Participant

damn been that long since i updated here

not much changed still havnt tinted me windows but shootin for next week for that :)

replaced a bent rear got 4 wheel align an a bath the other day

upcoming mods hopefully done through next year lsa blower long tube headers airbag rear and fresh painted front rear bars

oh an yeh this is still a daily driver :-)

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of shred shred.
    Profile photo of shred
    shred
    Participant

starting to look a bit euro up the back but finally put me lip wing and rear screen shade on

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I like the look mate, perfect height.

Profile photo of shred
    shred
    Participant

thanks mate yeh the rear screen shade makes it easier to see the center brake light which i replaced at the same time for 80$ was interesting to see the vast difference tween the original s1 gm part an the current gm part oh and it does supply same cover for the back of yer head if in the back :)

height hmmm yeh its still legal but the front scrapes and the arse is no good for towing ;)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

….but the front scrapes and the arse is no good for towing ;)

Said so many car guys, so many times…

Profile photo of shred
    shred
    Participant

hehehe

Profile photo of shred
    shred
    Participant

so my alpine perfect fit hvac controller has turned into hal permanently cant even turn it off u can press a couple of things an they change but yep not for long

so i picked up an aerpro dualzone kit to chuck in

think me pacman gauges may go bye bye so i grabbed an saas kit for volts an pressure

and then grabbed a mace ethrottle controller for a bit of fun

next up i need to get sum stiffer rate springs for the rear and upgrade the swaybars and a strutbrace to finish off underneath aside from sum rear brembos :)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.